Sunday 11 May 2014

Family Road Trip

2 weeks ago I headed off with my brother & his family for a surprise day out


A 2 1/2 hour drive with a 5 year old was hard for me but I had my crochet to keep me going!

My parents had gone to Cheltenham for a long weekend & as it was pops birthday we drove up to celebrate with them


The weather was terrible so we decided to have lunch in the caravan while waiting for the rain to stop.
This wasn't easy with 5 adults, 1 child, 2 dogs & 2 cats!!


Yes my crazy mum really did take the cats on holiday with her! 
They settled under the bed with no problems & came back when she called them..... this is something I would never do myself in case they ran off but thankfully it was ok.

Once the rain stopped we all piled in the car & went to Bourton-On-The-Water.


My parents go here a lot & tell me how much I would love it & they weren't wrong!
Despite the terrible weather I couldn't help falling for it's charm.


This house was right on the waters edge, I was tempted to ask if they wanted to do a house swap!


A beautiful van outside a wonderful hardware shop.

It was then back to the caravan for tea & birthday cake.
It was a lovely day out but boy did I pay for it the following week, I was worn out!!
I'm getting old :(








2 comments:

  1. What a nice thing to do. Glad you had a nice day.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find that even if I only spend a couple of nights at my brothers with the kids I'm exhausted and can't wait to return home for a rest!

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete