Monday 7 January 2013

That was 2012!

I'm back!!!

It's been a crazy week, I've had to work everyday since 2nd so time was not on my side but I've got a week off so hopefully I can catch up.

Can you believe we're already 1 week into 2013?

I was hoping this year might go a little slower but I could be wrong!

I love doing a yearly post...... I find them really interesting to look back on but if you've not interested in what I did in 2012 you can look away now!

January
Some great TV!

February 
Yarn bombing, cakes & bangs

March
Crikey & a Singalonga

April
Bargain hunting & day trips

May
VE day, Blitz anniversary, Olympic torch & I made the press!

June
Jubilee, days out & Crikey

July
More Crikey & Teddy leaves me :(

August
Sad month. Mum's 70th birthday & my 41st

September
4th blogging anniversary & even more Crikey!!! oh yeah & 2 teeth out :(

October
Day out, spotting my girls for the 1st time & getting my reading mojo back

November

My girls come to live with me! oh yeah plus 2 more teeth out! And the final Crikey.

December
Our first Christmas without Ted but we had new friends to share it with. Christmas market, crochet & generally busy, busy!

So that was 2012..... it seemed to go in a flash!

I had plans for 2012

  •  Update my website for Josie-Mary & Make, Do and Mend - Yep but I need to keep on top of it
  •  I'm booked in to 2 vintage fairs this year & need to pull my finger out so I have a decent amount of stock - Nope I was still panicking at the last minute! I ended up doing 5!
  • Re design posters & newsletters for Make, Do and Mend - Not really!
  • Learn how to use my Mac laptop!! - I'm getting better, this year I need to clean it up

In 2013 I would like to
  • Get more cats!
  • Sort my job out
  • Pull my finger out with Make, Do and Mend or stop doing it
  • Be more prepared for Crikey.... don't leave it until the last minute 
  • Sort out my crafting area
  • Decorate my living room & bathroom
  • Slow down & enjoy life more
  • Sew an item of clothing 
  • Finish my crochet blanket..... think it's about 5 years since I started!
  • Read more books - I've signed up for a challenge 
  • Be happy!

Think that's all!



7 comments:

  1. A lovely way to look back on 2012, despite the sad bits. I hope 2013 is a good year for you and you manage to get on top of some of your plans ... no-one ever finishes them all! M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. they say time flies when you're having fun!
    Like you I want to make an item of clothing, I'm a guest at a country wedding in may and fancy having a go at making a dress....eeeeek!
    Really hope you get your dream job this year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. they say time flies when you're having fun!
    Like you I want to make an item of clothing, I'm a guest at a country wedding in may and fancy having a go at making a dress....eeeeek!
    Really hope you get your dream job this year x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's a list and a half, so if you achieve half of it I would be very proud. My only real plan for this year is to decorate our master bedroom, and we start next week, so some hope there. Apart from that I intend to finish all I start, oh and the small matter of making an authentic 40s costume for Twinwood in August. Think that should do for starters. good luck with everything you do and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely look back at the year. You've been up to some rather lovely things and have created some great things too. Hope that 2013 is all that you want it to be :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope 2013 is good for you. I don't make lists or plans, learnt a long time ago not to. I am making though an item of clothing, a dress for my sons wedding in eight weeks time!
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely look back at the year.

    Hope all goes will in 2013 with your plans and dreams - slowing down and enjoying it is on my list too!

    ReplyDelete