Sunday 28 October 2012

New Friends?


Today I visited the RSPCA to view these beauties!

I first saw them on the website at the beginning of October but at 7 & 8 years old I thought they would be too old for me but I'm really wanting a new friend.

It was a panic to get there for opening & I had the baskets all ready..... however I've now found out they're unwell.

They're prone to cat flu which is brought on by stress & have been on antibiotics for weeks.
They also carry the calicivirus.

PLUS...... they came from a home with lots of cats & haven't been handled much...... this meant I couldn't pick them up. I managed to smooth them, with lots of hissing.

They are very beautiful, especially the black & white one but it might not work out.
The vet is going to call me tomorrow to talk through the problems but OH is saying NO!

I know he's right...... I'm looking for a lap cat that I can cuddle & love..... and one that's going to last a few years!

Also I want lots of cats so if I get these they will pass the virus on to others.

But they are beautiful :)

Sorry no Wartime Farm review..... next time I promise!




4 comments:

  1. They are so pretty, but that is a lot of problems! Hope you find a new sweet kitty soon! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww?!?!?!? I LOVE these 2 fluffy ones. What a shame...
    We took Fluffy home from a cat shelter too, and he is one temperamental cat, as you had described -- lots of hissing. He has only changed his ways a teeny bit, after 5 years with us.

    I hope these poor kitties find a home. And that you will find yourself a new feline friend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it works out for you with any cat you get.
    Have you tried the Cats Protection people they are always looking for homes, I know my friend runs the local one to me.
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, its such a shame that they don't seem to be right for you you will find one that is! They are beautiful and will find a home somewhere, I would hold out for a more friendly one. xx

    ReplyDelete