Monday 9 May 2011

Running late.....


Yesterday was VE day & I like to make a point of remembering these things but after working all day me & OH pop to the pub & stayed slightly longer then planned!

So back to VE day, only 9 days ago we saw screens like this


ooohh how I would love to have been there!

Such a happy day :)

Is it me or are the weeks just going so fast? I've tried to blog twice a week but before I know it another week has gone!

Last week was Make, Do and Mend which was another sell out...... I completed my interview for the local paper & the feature should be in the Express & Echo this Wednesday.
As I worked all this weekend I had 2 days off during the week so we popped to Dawlish for a couple of hours


We were planning on going to Teignmouth but the train was so packed by the time we got to Dawlish & when we saw loads more waiting to get on we thought we'd cut our losses & get off!

We had a wander around..... looked at the amusement arcade, blimey they still exist!..... then got the big fast train back.

Saturday was my school reunion...... very, very odd!!! I felt really old looking at everyone.... I was shocked at how old they all looked! I was told I still looked the same & was asked my secret by loads of people......
My secret?.... No kids? ......Not wearing make up? .....Good genes?
Or could it be eating rubbish, drinking much more then is good for me & smoking for years & years....... you decide!!!
Not sure how I felt about it all, at times it felt like being back at school & wanting to be liked, other times I just looked at people & thought I never liked you!
Unfortunately for me it was mainly ladies..... & very loud ladies at that..... that attended, as I hung around with all the boys at school my closest friends weren't there :(

So that's my week over....... it's been my day off today & it's gone so fast :( I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow. I will let you know what's happening when I can, I've been asked not to talk about it to anyone who's involved & as some staff read my blog I'm having to keep mum!!!!
For legal reasons I haven't been officially offered any job..... how do I feel? Not happy at the moment, thinking there should be more to life then this!!!!

No doubt it'll be another week before I manage to post again so have a good week!

6 comments:

  1. You are very brave for attending the school reunion. I have never been to one and never would. There is a reason why I'm no longer in touch with those people. :-) I wish I lived nearer, I love the sound of your Make Do and Mend. Let me know how you get on with the Japanese book. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. I know what you mean about time going so fast. I have to really plan my evenings to fit everything in.

    I have a school reunion in July, I am looking forward to seeing how everyone has changed! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am off to a reunion in August - sort of mixed feelings about it. Sadly 2 of my best school friends are no longer with us but there's a few others that have promised to come with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear the work stuff is still dragging on for you,

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to Dawlish a few years ago and was amazed back then that there was still an amusement arcade. I loved those penny waterfall slot machines! Hope things get better on the job front soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work situation is a bummer! Hope it works out and soon hunni, it cant be any fun!
    I reckon you are right about not having kids making you look young! oh and Im sure the smoking helps because it helps you relax :)
    I have been really bad at keeping up with my commenting! I have dedicated the weekend to catching up! Now Sophie is sleeping so well I have a bit of free time in the evening!!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete